The computer is an electronic device which is used to store the data, as per given instructions it gives results quickly and accurately.
Data: Data is a raw material of information.
Information: Proper collection of the data is called information
Characteristics of Computer
- SPEED: In general, no human being can compete in solving complex computations, faster than computer.
- ACCURACY: Since the Computer is programmed, so whatever input we give it gives a result accurately.
- STORAGE: The computer can store mass storage of data with appropriate formate.
- DILIGENCE: The computer can work for hours without any break and creating error.
- VERSATILITY: We can use a computer to perform completely different types of work at the same time.
- POWER OF REMEMBERING: It can remember data for us.
- NO IQ: The computer does not work without instruction.
- NO FEELING: The computer does not have emotions, knowledge, experience, feeling.
Computer and its components
Computer: Computer itself a combination of different types of separate electronic devices. i.e. Computer only will be a computer if it has an INPUT DEVICE, PROCESS UNIT, and OUTPUT DEVICE.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) : It is heart and mind of the computer without this unit computer unable to process.
- Keyboard: This is an input device that is used to input the data into the computer.
- Mouse: This is also an input device that is used to input the data into the computer.
- Monitor: This is an output device that is used to show the result of the instructions.
There is a variety of monitors available in the market such as CRT Monitor, LCD Monitor, Touch Screen Monitor, TFT Monitor, etc.
- Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS): This is an electronic device that is used to manage the power supply of the computer.
- Hard Disk (HDD): This is used to store the data in massive amounts. There are so many types of HDD available in the market, i.e. SATA, PATA, External HDD, Internal HDD.
- Printer: This is an output device that is used to show the result on the paper. There is plenty of printers available in the market like inkjet, Laser printer, dot matrix printer, etc.
Universal Serial Bus (USB): This is used to connect the external device to the computer.
- Ethernet Cable: This is used to connect the computer with another computer.
- CD/DVD ROM: This is used to store the data.
- Speaker: This is an output device that is used to listen to the voice, songs, etc.
- Mike: This is an Input device that is used to record the sound.
- Laptop: This is a complete computer that can be carried anywhere at any time.
- Netbook: This is called a mini laptop which is generally lighter and smaller than a laptop.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): This is called primary memory. This is also called the main memory of the computer. Whatever data is written in this memory, is lost after switching off the system.
- Read-Only Memory (ROM): This is called primary memory. Data is written in this memory by the vendor of the computer permanently.
- Pen Drive: This is a very popular device nowadays for carrying data on move.
- Blue Ray Disk: This is the same as CD/DVD but only different is it can store multi-time of data from CD/DVD and faster than CD/DVD.
- Scanner: This is an input device that is used to scan the document for the soft copy.
- LCD: It is known as Liquid Crystal Display. It is an output device as a monitor.
- Motherboard: It is a combination of electronic circuits.
- Sound Card: This is also a combination of electronic circuits which helps to give output in the form of sound.
- Graphics Card: This is also a combination of electronic circuits which helps to give output the data into the monitor.
The computer does not know any language like Hindi English, it knowns only here own language i.e (0,1)
- Machine Level Language: This is a low-level programming language. Computer or any electronic device only understand this language. i.e. Binary number i.e 0 and 1.
- Assembly Level Language: This is a low-level programming language that is converted into executable machine code by a utility programmer referred to as an assembler.
- High-Level Language: High-level language is a programming language that is easily understandable/readable by a human.
- Interpreter: This is a converter that converts a high-level language program to a low-level language program line by line.
- Compiler: This is also a converter that converts the whole high-level language program to low-level language program at a time.
- Binary Number System: It has only base 2 i.e 0 and 1
- Octal Number System : Base of octal is 8 i.e. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Decimal Number System : Base of Decimal is 10 i.e. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- Hexadecimal Number System: Base of this number system is 16 i.e. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
- Windows: This is a Proprietary Operating system and the vendor is Microsoft. i.e. Windows 2007, Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows10, etc.
- Linux: This is an open-source Operating System such as ubuntu, fedora, Debian, Mandriva, CentOS, etc.
Linux (Ubuntu ) Desktop Elements
File Management in Linux (Ubuntu
If you have any quarry about this please comment below I will help you,